Wittenberg's Master of Arts in Sport Administration program is designed to provide students with crucial skills and insightful knowledge to become strong leaders in the challenging and rapidly changing environments of sport administration – whether as a coach, sport program director, athletic administrator, or variety of sport career opportunities.
By providing consistent encouragement, the program pushes students to go beyond the X's and O's and to understand the full range of skills needed to be a successful coach and/or administrator at any level.
Read more about Wittenberg's Graduate Programs in Athletics/Coaching:
- News Release: Wittenberg Introduces New Academic Programs, Including Master of Arts in Sport Administration (July 7, 2022)
- News Release: Wittenberg Introduces New Master of Arts in Athletic Coaching (September 18, 2017)
The Wittenberg Advantage
With its holistic, hands-on learning approach, Wittenberg's program provides students with a high-quality, experiential learning environment and constant opportunities to engage instructors and mentors with significant experience in the coaching and administration world of recreation, youth, high school, and intercollegiate sports. Students will gain skills and expertise in coaching and research contemporary approaches to teaching and training in their sport of choice, as well as gain an understanding of leading and the programmatic development of sports programs.
Other key components of the program include:
- Full-time or part-time enrollment options;
- Program course delivery – 100% online;
- Opportunity to gain firsthand exposure to athletic teams or athletic departments administration/operations;
- Networking opportunities reaching well outside the classroom experience;
- The chance to build skills beyond the basic understanding of sport;
- The opportunity to interact with mentors who will assist you in sustaining a lasting coaching career or administration.
Why is Now the Time?
Participant sports is a multi-billion-dollar industry. This continual growth in athletic pursuit by participants has led to the emergence of new sport programs at every level. This expansion of participants and teams has also led to a demand for more coaches, especially those who can see the big picture and design meaningful paths for every athlete's success, as well as, qualified administrators who can develop, implement, and manage sports programs.
This is our program. Give yourself a competitive edge and invest in your professional growth.